Wednesday 22 September 2010

Be Brave. Live.

The problem with getting your first tattoo is that it leaves you always wanting more. I've got three so far, and am in the process of planning my next..... the simple notion of "be brave. live".

The quote itself comes from Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and in its entirety reads:

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it.
Be Brave.
Live.

The first time I heard those words they really struck a chord in me - too often I find myself getting bogged down in life, in worries, in the uncertainty of it all. I find it very hard to let things go, particularly if I don't understand them. And whilst I think it's a bad idea to not think things through, or to ignore anything that's bothering me, I need to learn how to move on. By dwelling on the past I'm hurting myself, and I'm hurting my relationships.

So I need to BE BRAVE. I need to change my way of thinking, and most importantly change the way I let my thoughts control my emotions. I need to stop getting caught up in my own head, and stop letting the world go by. I need to start making the most of what I've got, and be happy for all the amazing things, and most importantly all the AMAZING PEOPLE I have in my life.

BE BRAVE
LIVE

No comments:

Post a Comment