Saturday 18 September 2010

My very first blog....

So, my first ever blog entry. But what to put? I doubt you want to hear about my day, my plans for the rest of the weekend, what I had for breakfast.... those things are far too mundane for a blog, yes? So how about this, let's talk about the future.

Thinking about the future can bring up so many different feelings, emotions.... for some people, it's terrifying. For others, it's exciting. To be completely honest, I'm not too sure what it is for me. I'm having a complete turn around, a u-turn in my life. I've spent the last three years at medical school, working hard and going nowhere. I decided it was time for a change, a fresh start, a new beginning. So I've switched courses, and am about to start all over again, as a fresher on Mathematics BSc. Maths, you say? Why would you give up a career as a doctor to do maths? The simple answer is, because I love love love maths. I love maths because I know what to expect. Things are logical, they have rules and can be proven by those rules. And, as so eloquently put in Mean Girls, it's the same in every country.

I know this is something I can do well in, and I'm excited to start. But if I'm gonna make the most of it, I need to make some big changes to my life... and I'm terrified of where those changes may take me. 

To the future.....   

No comments:

Post a Comment